16th July 2020 by
Cyber College Cymru
Are you interested in the future of cyber and looking to build your digital skills for a future career?
Cyber College Cymru is a brand new partnered initiative that creates pathways into a digital career for those who have a passion for all things technology.
Bridgend College, in partnership with Coleg Gwent and the University of South Wales, is piloting a scheme from September 2020 that will form a new qualification in cyber security. The initiative will offer learners hundreds of hours of industry input with big-name industry partners such as Admiral, Thales and Fujitsu. Alongside your studies, they will bring you:
- Cyber labs – learn and practice skills with training and mentoring
- Executive briefings – understand how the units you are studying relate to the world of work
- Support for professional qualifications
- Cyber Week – this exclusive week-long activity will bring together Cyber College Cymru students at the National Cyber Security Academy at the University of South Wales in Newport
- You’ll hear from industry leaders, meet professionals in cyber, take part in challenges, and learn about technologies and methodologies
The qualification will lead to a BTEC Diploma in IT together with support towards a host of available professional certifications in cloud technologies from Google or Amazon. This course, coupled with cyber industry relevant and supported projects through the Welsh Baccalaureate, will enable learners to be highly employable candidates in the cyber field.
This new and exciting qualification could be your stepping stone into a cyber career.